[GNC-dev] Building on mac os.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Aug 20 17:22:28 EDT 2021

> On Aug 20, 2021, at 1:38 PM, Jean L <ripngo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Devs,
>
> I'm trying to refresh the GC build environment on my mac, but I'm running into lots of errors so I want to make sure I'm doing the right things.
> Here are my steps:
> curl -O -L https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-osx/raw/master/gtk-osx-setup.sh
>
> curl -O -L https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash-on-osx/raw/master/jhbuildrc-custom
>
> sh gtk-osx-setup.sh
>
> jhbuild bootstrap
>
> jhbuild bootstrap-gtk-osx
>
> jhbuild build
>
> These are the steps I used the last time I setup my build environment. I'm not 100% sure these are the same as what's described in
>
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOS/Quartz so I'm asking here to see whether I need to start from scratch and run the procedure described in that link.

Jean,

Don't run `jhbuild bootstrap`, start with `jhbuild bootstrap-gtk-osx`. I imagine that's the source of your errors.

If you didn't delete ~/.config/jhbuildrc-custom from last spring then you didn't need to download it again.

One other change that hasn't made it into the gnucash-on-osx jhbuild-custom yet: Replace 'python3' with 'pygments' in each of the _modules lines.

Regards,
John Ralls