[GNC-dev] Customising Transaction Report

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 06:01:02 EDT 2021

The Income Statement (Profit and Loss) has Display Options (Are they called
widgets?) for "Include accounts with zero total balances" and "Omit zero
balance figures". I assume Transaction Report is an old report developed
before these options.

Looking through transaction.scm it is very brief, certainly without the
sections and detail of say income-statement.scm. Can I get some guidance
how to modify the Transaction Report to say add zero options?

Seems changes are required to:
1. define all option's names and help text
2. options generator
3. wrapper around gnc:html-table-append-ruler: table-env/params

I understand report code is executed directly by the existing Windows
executable so I can just change a copy of the report in a text editor and
run it.

(btw https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports_Using_Eguile links are
broken.)