[GNC-dev] Small changes to comment text, mostly in gnucash/import-export/import-main-matcher.h

Kevin Buckley kevin.m.buckley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 00:48:36 EST 2021

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 at 22:34, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, December 5, 2021 8:55 am, D. via gnucash-devel wrote:
> > Kevin,
> >
> > The preferred way to submit changes is through git PRs, not with patch
> > files attached to emails to the lists. You'll get better results using
> > that method.
>
> I would add that there are two preferred methods:
>
> 1) Github PR
> 2) Patch attached to a bugzilla report.
>
> Patches sent in email are likely to get lost or forgotten.  Sending them
> via bugzilla and github are less prone to loss.
>
> Also, for the record, the patch did NOT make it through the mailing list's
> "purge HTML" process and into my inbox -- so it is already lost!

Bugger!

Only went with the patch by email to save me having to login to GitHub,
as I only maintain a local copy of the maint branch, not one forked to an
identity at GitHub.

Can I submit via the bugzilla without needing a login on anything?

As for any "sorrow for your loss", well I have since found another
couple of similar typos anyway, so I'll get another go!

Kevin