[GNC-dev] [Hosted Weblate] Neuer Alarm in GnuCash/Glossary

Linas Vepstas linasvepstas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 18:22:11 EST 2021

It should now be working.

Stabbed in the back again, by some combination of kernel "consistent
network interface names", udev persistent-network config files, and
systemd, which magically decided to rename some my network interfaces in
yet another way, different than ever before.

Given that the hardware didn't change, and that none of the network config
files changed, this is infuriating. Yes, upon a reboot, I guess I probably
did boot to a new kernel, udev and systemd. Why does updating the software
cause the network configuration to get screwed up? It's a mockery: the
software issues inconsistent network names that are not persistent... it's
flabbergasting.

-- Linas