[GNC-dev] GncCombott Widget

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 06:10:56 EST 2021

Hi,

In bug 798109 it was highlighted that the widget I wrote back in 2012 does
not respond to keyboard use well which I think would be relatively easy to
fix and maybe a couple of tweaks.

Geert suggested that it could be dropped in favour of a traditional
GtkComboBox.

The reason I wrote it was to match the GTK2 version at that time which
allowed you to have tooltips on the popped up menu items as well as when
the item was selected and the popup removed. This can not be done in the
GTK3 version as I can see no way of getting to the used GtkMenu. The GTK3
version only supports a tooltip when there is no popup displayed. This
tooltip can still be specific to the selected item with the use of a
'query-tooltip' call back.

I think the widget is mainly used in dialog options for reports.

I am fine with fixing the widget or replacing it, just asking if there is a
preference.

Regards,
Bob