[GNC-dev] New OFX Requirements For USAA FSB

Bob White white.b at me.com
Sat Jan 30 09:50:02 EST 2021

The Quicken web interface is I think different from OFX Direct Connect. If it's OFX Web Connect then it handles authentication differently and that's probably at least part of the problem.

I found a quicken community discussion that suggests that Quicken for Windows used IE to connect, so I'd imagine that Quicken for Mac would use WebKit. I don't know if Apple's installed WebKit uses openssl, but it might, in which case it might be possible to get a key log for the Quicken session. Total speculation, I've never done anything remotely like this.

I did capture and decrypt enough to see that a REST API is in use for Quicken for Web so that's no help.

I have an OFX log file contenting a small number of sessions from Quicken for Mac containing initial setup, successful accounts download, successful and unsuccessful account update requests.

Many of the OFX interaction are with an Intuit URL, but the USAA account interactions are clearly independent to a new URL:

https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx

Are the OFX interactions with USAA enough to update aqbanking or do we need the HTTP interactions as well?

Regards,

Bob