[GNC-dev] Greetings & Windows Build

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jul 24 13:06:18 EDT 2021

Taniguchi,

Thanks indeed for clarifying that.

Leif,

It'll be interesting to see how it goes with WSL. I don't think anyone else has tried yet.

setup-mingw64.ps1 has two tests for html help workshop: First it looks for a registry key, hkcu:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTML Help Workshop\InstallDir and tests that it exists, then it looks for c:\Windows\System32\hhctrl.ocx and if it's not there quits with a message that something is wrong with the setup.

Can you tell which part is failing, and can you fiddle your htmlhelp.exe setup so that it doesn't?

Regards,
John Ralls