[GNC-dev] How to generate latest .pot file from source code?

BrianHsu brianhsu.hsu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 21:51:40 EDT 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to translate GnuCash to my native language. During the
process of translation, I found some text already changed in the maint
branch, but in my .po file, those changes does not exist.

For example, I've built the program from in maint branch using the
following command:

$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/opt
$ make

And run the program, open the Advanced Portfolio report through the
Report menu.

In the Options dialog of that report, there is a Basis calculation
method dropdown menu, in GnuCash 4.5 release, it was abbreviation
like  "FIFO" / "LIFO", but in the maint branch, it's now "First-in first-out"
and "Last-in first-out".

But in po/zh_TW.po, the msgid is still "FIFO" / "LIFO", and no entry
for updated text.

IIRC, there should be a command or some build script that extract the
.pot file from latest source codes, so I could merge it to the current .po
file and make sure my translation is complete for the current codebase.

But I couldn't find out how to do that in GnuCash lastest code base,
there is no .pot file after I built the program using the command
mentioned above.

What should I do to make sure my .po file is compatible with the
latest codebase?

--
Best regards,

許洛豪(Brian Hsu)