[GNC-dev] Compilation fails on current maint and master, libgnucash/core-utils/gnc-vcs-info.h

c.holtermann at gmx.de c.holtermann at gmx.de
Tue Mar 23 14:30:04 EDT 2021

Thank you, Geert. Compiles fine now.

Regards,

Christoph

On 23.03.21 16:37, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Can you test again with the latest maint ? On my system it now builds.
> (I
> haven't merged the changes in master just yet)
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert
>
> Op dinsdag 23 maart 2021 16:25:22 CET schreef Geert Janssens:
>
> Actually you can hold off on the bug report. I think I have it fixed. I
> will
> push the fixes after running a final test.
>
> Geert
>
> Op dinsdag 23 maart 2021 16:00:44 CET schreef Geert Janssens:
>
> Ok, I can reproduce. The part that didn't immediately register with me
> is
> that you are generating the build system for Unix Makefiles. Most other
> devs are using "Ninja" and the ninja build system works fine.
>
> There are some subtle differences between those build systems.
>
> I suggest you file this as a bug. And while we look into getting this
> fixed, I suggest you switch the the Ninja generator by  specifying
> "-GNinja" to cmake.
>
> The replace "make" with "ninja" (or "ninja-build" on some systems) in
> all
> your calls.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert
>
> Op dinsdag 23 maart 2021 10:57:34 CET schreef c.holtermann at gmx.de:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I tried compilation in some scenarios:
>
> On a fresh git clone
>
> A) Compiling 4.4 from scratch works.
>
> B) Compiling maint from scratch does not compile.
>
> C) Compiling 4.4 from scratch, checking out to maint head and
> recompiling current maint on top of the 4.4 build works.
>
> regards,
>
> Christoph
>
> Am 2021-03-21 08:55, schrieb c.holtermann at gmx.de:
>
> No, I work from a git clone. In addition I tried to do a fresh clone
> from git. This doesn't compile as well. Same error. I'm working on
> debian 10.8.
>
> regards,
>
> Christoph
>
> Am 2021-03-20 17:35, schrieb Geert Janssens:
>
> Did you by any chance start from a github zipfile instead of a cloned
> git
> repository ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert
>
> Op zaterdag 20 maart 2021 16:16:23 CET schreef GMX:
>
> Hello,
>
> just trying to compile after some months not on the project.
> Compilation
>
> from maint and master fails for me:
>
> cmake ../gnucash

[ 0%] Built target guile-json
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
'libgnucash/core-utils/gnc-vcs-info.h', needed by
'share/gnucash/gnucash.1'. Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1496:
doc/CMakeFiles/gnucash-manpage.dir/all]
Error 2 make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2

don't know what to make of that. If I just recompile and existing
and
updated builddir everything works fine (checked for maint).

regards,

Christoph