[GNC-dev] Chartsjs javascript not loaded in html reports since 4.6

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 17:56:38 EST 2021

Someone reported similar troubles a while back. Take a look at https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2021-July/097219.html

I believe there was a simple fix.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Antonios Hadjigeorgalis <antonios at hadji.co>
Sent: Sat Nov 27 15:54:50 EST 2021
To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
Subject: [GNC-dev] Chartsjs javascript not loaded in html reports since 4.6

When I build 4.7, or 4.8a the html reports with javascript chartjs do not
show the charts.
When I export the report to html, I see the chartjs library is missing.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="file:///"></script>

Where in 4.6 I see

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="file:////usr/local/share/gnucash/chartjs/Chart.bundle.min.js"></script>

the javascript location appears to be sourced from guile function
gnc-path-find-localized-html-file  in file
share/guile/site/2.2/gnucash/report/html-chart.scm

I can find this function defined in both 4.6 and the later builds in file
bindings/guile/swig-core-utils-guile.c.

Based on my current understanding of the code base, that's as far as I got
in looking for what is causing this error.  Are there any particular parts
of the documentation that would help me understand how this is happening?
I'd love to fix it if it could.  Any help would be appreciated.

Antonios Hadjigeorgalis
LinkedIn.com <http://www.linkedin.com/in/AntoniosHadji>
@AntoniosHadji
<https://www.twitter.com/AntoniosHadji>