[GNC-dev] Omit zero balance figures Vs Show zero balances

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 23:43:20 EST 2021

Yes "Show zero balances" is a different way of communicating "Omit zero
balance figures". It does not affect the data or reports generated. Geert
expressed the user and programmer benefit well:

> ...positive language and particularly avoiding double negation logic is
better design.

A common origin appears to have developed into variations of Profit & Loss,
Budget Profit & Loss, and Balance Sheet. I understand from a discussion
about fiscal/financial year reporting there is breaking change coming to
reports, and they could probably do with a tidy-up. It could easily be
introduced at the same time. I expect I could code it fairly easily.