[GNC-dev] warning: 'gtk_action_set_sensitive' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations] And gtk4

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:54:46 EDT 2021

Hi John Ralls,

I'm following up on the your suggestion that it should not be possible to
start another import while another is already running.

When I added gtk_action_set_sensitive() the compiler says:

/home/cgood/gnucash-maint/src/gnucash/import-export/ofx/gnc-plugin-ofx.c:121
:5: warning: 'gtk_action_set_sensitive' is

deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

but I see in maint, that function is used in many places but with

-Wno-deprecated-declarations

in the CMakeLists.txts to ignore this warning.

https://docs.gtk.org/gtk3/class.Action.html :

                 In GTK+ 3.10, GtkAction has been deprecated. Use GAction
instead, and associate actions with GtkActionable widgets.

                  Use GMenuModel for creating menus with
gtk_menu_new_from_model().

There are NO mentions of GMenuModel in current maint or master.

Should I just continue with gtk_action_set_sensitive and add
-Wno-deprecated-declarations to CMakeLists.txt?

Is there a plan to migrate to GAction? Is that going to be a huge task?

I haven't seen any discussion about going to gtk4. Is that not a huge task
like gtk2 to gtk3?

Regards,

Chris Good