[GNC-dev] Report with Fiscal Year

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:53:43 EDT 2021

> ...if I'm going to talk to a doctor (especially over the phone these days), I'll take 10 minutes on the Internet so I can say that the pain is "along my lymph nodes on the right side of my neck" than "the bumps next to my throat."

I wouldn't after 4 years of animal science (humans plus) plus a lot of home
butchery. Look up the Dunning-Kruger Effect, two blokes got a nobel prize
for saying you're full of shit. Your GP knows bugger all about lymph nodes
anyway.

If you know your stuff you should be able to explain it in simple terms but
communication skills are often more of a challenge for people with a maths
focus. Use plain English minimising technical terms to where they are
needed but assume nobody knows what they mean. Credit/debit are a special
case because the community *know* what they mean, and it's exactly opposite
to the accounting definition, so I agree deposit/withdrawal are better
terms.

I checked the docs and only found Fiscal Year referenced twice, both in the
Guide [better in wiki faq]. Interestingly the accounting period definition
in the glossary meant nothing to me but the depreciation section has
"accounting period (IE: fiscal year)" so I Googled fiscal year, found
financial year then understood it.