[GNC-dev] Runtime issue with gwenhywfar and aqbanking libraries

Lothar Paltins lkpgcd at mailbox.org
Mon Sep 13 08:45:00 EDT 2021

John,

thanks for your answer.

> Did you forget to add /opt/gwenhywfar/lib64 and /opt/aqbanking/lib64 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the dynamic linker can find the libraries at runtime?

No, I didn't 'forget' it. Specifying the paths in LD_LIBRARY_PATH makes
it work, as well as adding them to the run-time linker cache with
ldconfig. But I was looking for a way to add these directories to the
runtime library search path of the executable. I think, it's more
convenient, if an executable finds its libraries without any special
runtime configuration as long as these libraries are in the same
directory as at compile time.

Lothar
Lothar Paltins                                      lkpgcd at mailbox.org