[GNC-dev] „Accruals are potentially missing as account_types in the db scheme

Alexander Damm alex.damm.m1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:02:07 EDT 2022

Hello David, hello all,

first of all gnucash is a very cool program for me and I really like to use
it for my little company. Many thanks to the developers.

I'm sorry for my first description on the mailing list, I'm very sure that
maybe the E-Bilanz part was misleading. Furthermore I'm a project lead and
amateur python developer and not an accountant, so any statement needs to
be double checked ;)

First I'd like to say that I totally understand that gnucash focuses more
on the enduser then the professional user and changes would have major
implications on the code.
Especially on the Frontend, if a new account_type would be implemented
Furthermore there would be not much benefits for a regular End User of
gnucash to have new account_types such as "accruals".

Still in my option the choice of account_types doesn't match the same level
and maybe there is a chance to harmonize the need of the end/ soho users:

My suggestion would be the following:

Active:
[standard account_types]
[taxonomie]                                       [current account_type in
gnucash]                         [ change requests  ]
1. Fixed Assets:
bs.ass.fixAss                                      --
                                                     none
1.1. "Intangible assets"
 bs.ass.fixAss.intan                             --
                                                   pls implement or just
"Fixed Assets"
1.2. "Tangible Assets"
 bs.ass.fixAss.tan                               Asset
                                                pls specify or just "Fixed
Assets"
1.3. Financial Assets
 bs.ass.fixAss.fin                                Stock/ Mutual Fund
                                       pls specify or just "Fixed Assets"

2. Current Assets:
 bs.ass.fixAss                                     --
                                                      none
2.1. Inventory
  bs.ass.currAss.inventory                   --
                                                pls implement or just
"Current Assets"
2.2. Accounts Receivable
 bs.ass.currAss.receiv                        Accounts Receivable
                                   none
2.3. Stock/ Mutual Fund
bs.ass.currAss.securities                  Stock/ Mutual Fund
                                 pls specify or just "Current Assets"
2.4. Cash
    bs.ass.currAss.cashEquiv.cash         Cash
                                        none
2.4. Bank/ Credit Card
bs.ass.currAss.cashEquiv.bank         Bank
                                    none
2.4. --
        --
 Currency
 none

Passiv:
[standard account_types]
[taxonomie]                                       [current account_type in
gnucash]                         [change requests]
1.Equity
     bs.eqLiab.equity                                Equity
                                                     none

1.1. --
         bs.eqLiab.equity.subscribed               --
                                                      Equity is fine
1.2. --
         bs.eqLiab.equity.capRes                    --
                                                      Equity is fine
1.3. --
         bs.eqLiab.equity.revenueRes             --
                                                    Equity is fine
1.4. --
         bs.eqLiab.equity.retainedEarnings     --
                                                  Equity is fine
1.5. --
         bs.eqLiab.equity.netIncome               --
                                                    Equity is fine
2. --
          bs.eqLiab.accruals                             --
                                                            pls implement
3. Liability
       bs.eqLiab.liab                                    Liability/
Accounts Payable                                   accounts payable is a
subaccount from liability or just liability

PNL:
1. Income
2. Expense

The accounting structure from the taxonomie is in my humble opinion not set
mindless and follows a clear structure, which is not only vaild in germany
but in whole europe and could help gnucash to attract even more users.

regards alex