[GNC-dev] „Accruals are potentially missing as account_types in the db scheme

Alexander Damm alex.damm.m1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 06:56:56 EDT 2022

"  If I understand correctly what you mean by "accruals" you mean that
this report requires you to treat some liabilities differently than
others. You need to be able to distinguish between them. This would not
require a new "account type", just a partitioning of liabilities between
"ordinary liabilities" << a place holder under liabilities; its children
would be ordinary liabilities >> and "accruals" << a second place holder
under liabilities; its children would be accounts that are "accruals" >>

Then you only need to "scrape" the Balance Sheet as produced by gnucash."

yes that is exactly what I would like to have.
So you're suggesting to use the field "placeholder" in the table accounts
and match all the accruals accounts under one account with the
name:"accruals" and the account_type:"liablility" and the placeholder: "1"
and the parent_guid: "(form the main accruals account)" ?

regards alex