[GNC-dev] Missing column header labels after resizing columns (Windows 10, GC version 4.12)

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:10:17 EST 2022

Hi John,

Respectfully, this is beyond the user-list. That list has come up dry, and
the conventional FAQ answer is not working.

The relevant FAQ entry:

<
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_resize_my_register_columns.3F_Why_can_I_not_shrink_the_description_column.3F

That FAQ entry looked promising, but it did not solve the problem. There
are no entries in the .gcm file showing zero width to edit.

Worse, uninstalling GnuCash and deleting the entire C:\Users\my user
name\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash directory, including all .gcm files such that
they would be reconstituted from scratch, does not work either.

Interestingly, somewhere in the system it remembers what book I had open
even through an uninstall/reinstall cycle. I suspect it has something to do
with that.

And whatever/wherever that data is, it also transcends books. If I create
an entirely new book, it also immediately has the exact same missing column
label problem

It's also worth noting that the columns themselves are visible with normal
appearing widths. Only the labels are missing. I've attached a screen shot.

Is there another directory somewhere, or a set of registry entries, that
also need to be deleted?

Thank you,

Scott