[GNC-dev] New terms in Gnucash's glossary

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 06:22:22 EST 2022

Dear Francisco,

if my observations are right, you are the person, who on weblate adds
terms to the glossary. I understand, it is a nice feature to add terms
to the glossary by one click. But the result will be a conflict with our
"source file"
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/po/glossary/gnc-glossary.txt

Please don't do that.

Instead create a pull request, which inserts a line into that file
inclusive a description of the term. Then we can also discuss possible
ambiguites like "due", which gets totally different translations e.g. in
German in our use cases "due amount" and "due date".

BTW I could not find a good documentation of the usage of glossary in
weblate. If you know one, send me the link.

Regards
Frank