[GNC-dev] Extending GnuCash: CSV-import/lookup commodity by cusip

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 12:35:25 EST 2022

Hi Thomas,

Am 21.01.22 um 21:39 schrieb Thomas:
> And because of that, I am struggling to do a matching based on that
> field. As my bank, denotes the WKN (a unique identifier),

The WKN is only unique inside the german markets. If you also have a
french bank, they might send the SEDOL instead.

But ISIN would be unique. It is "DE"<WKN><checkdigit>.

I wonder if we should at some point separate ISIN as gloal unique
identifier from the catch-all field "ISIN, CUSIP or other identifier".

Namespace+Symbol is the current unique identifier.
ISIN would be unique while NSINs like WKN have the implicit assumption
all securities are emitted in the same country.

Regards
Frank