[GNC-dev] wiki:Installing_Dependencies#Installing_Main_GnuCash_Dependencies; was: Build Issues on Ubuntu jammy - guile

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:00:51 EDT 2022

Hi,
Oh, we have
Dependencies,
Installing_Dependencies, and the
Building* pages

The list in Installing_Dependencies was not maintained at least the last
2 years.

>From my POV it is hard to maintain because it lists
* indirect dependencies from the times, when apt and rpm were unable to
resolve dependencies.
* contains explicit minor and packaging versions, which might have been
right some years ago on a specific Ubuntu version, but  not in the
package managers of other distributions.

In short I am in favour of replacing this list by a link to
README.dependencies.

David, you have been the author?

Regards
Frank