[GNC-dev] Flatpak GnuCash and Finance::Quote

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Oct 5 16:15:15 EDT 2022

Op dinsdag 4 oktober 2022 13:32:55 CEST schreef john:
> > On Oct 3, 2022, at 7:56 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger
> > <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > comments inline

As it was me really who implemented Finance::Quote support in flatpak, I can share how I
got the list of dependencies. I looked at the dependencies for the Fedora rpm for F::Q and
just copied all dependencies from there.

It's true this remains largely manual work. However to update, I would again check the
current version numbers of all dependencies as found in a recent Fedora repo and use
those. If we do this from time to time (eg each time a Fedora is released - that is every
half year), we can more or less keep up. At least someone else has figured out a working
set of dependencies each time.

The other option is to just do the dependency updates each time a new F::Q is released or
whenever F::Q requires newer dependencies than we currently have.
Regardless the option, we will have to go through this from time to time unfortunately.

Regards,

Geert