[GNC-dev] Flatpak GnuCash and Finance::Quote

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Wed Oct 12 21:05:51 EDT 2022

Geert,

One additional note. In the README for gnucash-on-flatpak, you or some
one else notes about the flatpak-cpan-generator.pl script:

"Note I have found the script to be not very version control friendly:
generated-sources.json will change a lot between runs. It will have the
exact same sources and dependencies, but they are shuffled around.
Experiments indicate this is already due to the way cpanminus handles
dependency resolution. The order in which same-level dependencies are
processed is not stable. A minor annoyance I can live with for now."

May I suggest using the 'jq' tool.

The command "cat generated-sources.json | jq -S 'sort_by(.dest)'" will
sort both the keys in each section (you will notice that the raw file
may contain one module's data listed as url, dest, type, sha256; then
the next as dest, type, sha256, url) and order the modules
alphabetically in the output (I have not yet figured an easy way to
ignore case).

When building a test flatpak on Ubuntu 22.04 I had to change the
build-command in modules/perl.json to "perl-libs/install.sh" from
"install.sh".

- Bruce S.