[GNC-dev] Building Mac version using SDK 12

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Sep 16 02:13:46 EDT 2022

On 15 Sep 2022, at 13:54, john wrote:

> I don't understand the error but it seems to be an SDK error rather
> than anything we're doing. Might the compiler have gotten out of sync
> with the SDK?

Yes, it was a compiler version skew.  It seems that Apple's frameworks
won't compile with some versions of Clang++.  I was using a version that
is slightly newer than Apple's version and switching to Apple's version
fixed the problem.  I figured it couldn't be a GnuCash problem, but
didn't see the obvious answer last night.  Thanks for pointing me in the
right direction.

Mike