[GNC-dev] Missing FreeType2 for Mac OS Development

Vincent Lucarelli vincent.lucarelli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 11:39:41 EST 2023

Got much farther with the build, but now stuck with a build/run time error.

The freetype2 error was rooted in gnutls.pc missing -lgcrypt.  I’m not sure if this is an issue for gnutls or a patch for arm64/MacOSx build.  Manually added the dependency and finished the build.

Tried to run gnucash build from git/master, but it crashed when I tried to create a new file, after I walked through the setup, and right when I clicked “Apply”.

Decided to rebuild with debugging and during the build of gnucash, I noticed

> libdbi: Failed to load driver: /Users/gnucash/opt/gnucash/inst/lib/dbd/libdbdmysql.so

Trying to determine if libdbi or a dependency had an issue during build or if there is something else going on.

If any of this looks familiar, suggestions are appreciated.  Otherwise, I’ll keep digging.

Thanks,

Vince

PS - When I try to open Gnucash Preferences, it crashes too.  Will try to get more info on that later.