[GNC-dev] Tax schedule report outputting entries outside of selected date range

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:39:35 EDT 2023

What is the TXF code on the report for the errant transaction? '000' or '
N000'? That is the only TXF code that has that description (Tax Report Only
- No TXF Export).

If you go to the account that the report has that transaction listed under
in the Edit->Tax Report Options panel, is the account set as 'Tax Related'?
If so, should it be? And if it should be, should it have another
Form/Schedule item selected? If changes to this account are warranted and
made, does the errant transaction still appear or go away?

Before entry into your tax software, you can get comfortable that the other
Income Tax Report totals are correct by comparing the account totals to
totals for the year of other reports. If there are unexpected differences
(there shouldn't be), the transaction detail in the Tax Report can help you
figure out what it is.

There is a TXF code, 521 for 'Federal estimated tax, qrtrly' which has
special date processing for calendar date ranges, as explained in the
description for that code, to catch the Jan 15 payment made the next year.
Other than that, all splits selected to generate the report should be in
the date range.

In any case, I don't understand why a 07/02/2020 transaction should appear
in the report if the specified date range is 01/01/2022 to 12/31/2022. I
will try to replicate the error with test data and look at the code to see
if I can figure it out.

Look forward to your response to my questions above.

Alex