[GNC-dev] Find customer/vendor by name

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 8 16:27:14 EDT 2023

HI,

On Mon, May 8, 2023 4:16 pm, Steve Brown wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
> On 5/8/2023 3:49 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> On Mon, May 8, 2023 3:36 pm, Steve Brown wrote:
>>> There is currently code to find both by ID in gncIDSearch.
>>>
>>> Is there a simple way to search by name other than cloning the ID
>>> search code and changing ID to name?
>> You can Find by Company Name, Customer ID, Billing Contact, or Shipping
>> Contact.  Which "Name" are you wanting to search for?
>
> I want to retrieve the vendor by VENDOR_NAME and customer by
> CUSTOMER_NAME in order to get their ID.
>
> I'm converting Quickbook transactions and need to create invoices and
> bills. For that I need customer and vendor ID's but only have the names
> in the transaction file.

There is already code to search for the CUSTOMER_NAME, at least the
standard Business -> Customer -> Find Customer dialog.  Just select
"Company Name" and it will search on the CUSTOMER_NAME field.  So just use
the drop-down to select "Company Name" and you'll search on what you want.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745