automatic setup of "standard" income/expense accounts?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:14:47 +1100

Richard Seymour writes:
 > I'm new to GnuCash. Micros~1 Money and Quicken both come with some
 > standard groups of accounts, similar to the one described at
 > http://gnucash.org/docs/C/xacc-samplechart.html
 >
 > Does GnuCash have something similar, or do I get to set them all up by
 > hand?

Richard, we've added some "standard" account groups as examples to the
current CVS distribution (I think), but not to the 1.4.x series.

It's really not all that painful, and GnuCash lets you restructure
your chart of accounts later without reentering data if you're not
happy with it.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.