Palm Pilot's and GnuCash?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:56:18 +1100

Paul Lussier writes:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I'm wondering if anyone else out there using GnuCash keeps track of things on
 > a Palm Pilot or PalmOS compatible device.  If so, what apps on the Pilot are
 > you using?
 >
 > I'm currently using Qmate, but it requires syncing under Windows, which is
 > quite annoying just to get at the .qif files.
 >
 > Ideally I'm looking for a free app which can somehow export to .qif so I can
 > import into GnuCash.
 >
 > Any references, links, pointers, etc. are greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, there's nothing directly available.  I looked at the
possibility of doing Palm synchronization from the expense tracker
into gnucash.  gnucash now has the necessary infrastructure to allow
such a thing, but I'm too busy on other stuff at the moment.

A couple of people have said they'd like to work on linking the Palm
with GnuCash, but we've never heard any reports of progress back.  I'm
not aware of anything available at the moment.

If you're a programmer and are interested in working on this stuff
yourself I can provide you with some pointers.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.