Moving parent account into a subaccount

John Kodis kodis@jagunet.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:02:07 -0500

I just started using Gnu Cash, and am quite impressed so far.  I have,
however, already managed to get myself into a situation that I can't
recover from.

I created a top-level account for my credit union and began populating
it with information about my checking account.  Eventually, I found
out about creating subaccounts, and create one for my credit union
savings account and another for my credit union line of credit
account.  I'd like to create another subaccount for my checking
account, and transfer the records from my top-level credit union
account into it.  When I try, I get an error to the effect that I need
at least two accounts to perform a transfer.

Since I don't want to risk screwing up the data entry that I've
already done, I thought it best to avoid randomly hacking away at
things, and ask for help instead.

If it matters, I'm using version 1.4.2 of Gnu Cash, which is what is
being shipped with Red Hat Linux 7.0.

-- John Kodis.