gnucash Version 1.4.7 Installation

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:39:04 -0700

"NEUMANN,WILLIAM (HP-USA,ex1)" writes:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install the rpm on a SuSe 7.0 system and if fails the dependency
> phase:
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libguile.so.4 is needed by gnucash-1.4.7-1
>         libreadline.so.3 is needed by gnucash-1.4.7-1
>
> The reason it fails is because I have newer libraries on my system.  I know
> that linking to the newer libraries is not valid.  Although, I did try!
>
> I then downloaded the source and tried to compile it but is failed because
> it could not find some of the gnome header files so I modified the
> Makefile's to include the following:
>
> GNOME_CFLAGS = -I/opt/gnome/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/opt/gnome/include

The linker is not finding the glib functions. Where have you installed
glib? I think you might be able to solve this problem by defining the
GNOME_PATH environment variable, and then reconfiguing and making.

Something like:

export GNOME_PATH=/opt/gnome:/opt/glib

(or wherever you installed glib).

dave