gnucash Version 1.4.7 Installation

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:21:12 -0700

David Proulx writes:
> I encountered the same problem on RedHat 7.0.  Maybe I only know enough
> to be dangerous, but what I did was to create symbolic links from the
> later versions of those libraries, using the names that GnuCash wants:
>
> (as super-user):
>   cd /usr/lib
>   ln -s libguile.so.6.0.0 libguile.so.4
>   ln -s libreadline.so.4.1 libreadline.so.3
>
> Gnucash seems to be up & running, and I've entered a few transactions
> since then.  Have I done something that could cause problems?

Possbily. Putting in those links manually is not always going to work
since the library authors presumably changed the version number
because of real differences in the implementation of the two versions.

But, other people have done this for guile and gnucash before so you
are probably safe until RH 7.0 rpms are created.

dave