Suse 6.3 and libjpeg

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:08:16 +1100

LAMBERT Bernard writes:
 > Hi
 >
 > I use suse 6.3
 >
 > I have installed all needed packages with right versions
 >
 > guile 1.4.2
 > slib 2.8.1
 > libpng 2.1.0-57
 > libjpeg 6.0.1-98
 > libz 1.1.3-71
 > xpm
 > and gnome-libs (gnlibs) 1.0.53
 >
 > when i want ti use gnucash i got an error message
 >
 > "error in loading shared libraies libjpeg.so.62 " of corse!! libjpeg
 > package is with an libjpeg;so.6.0.1
 >
 > could you help me ?? i want to use gnucash anf trash on my windows , i
 > am still usinf it because i have msmoney

OK, there are a couple of things you can do.

First, if you're not using the SuSE package provided on the gnucash
website, try that.

If that doesn't work, you can build GnuCash from source by downloading
the .tar.gz file.  There are a couple of steps to building from
source, please check the README first.

HTH.
Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net