Slow startup of Gnucash

Carol Champagne carol@io.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:12:49 -0500

Hi,

I imported several years' worth of Quicken data, approx. 9K
transactions, to Gnucash, and I noticed that it takes several minutes
now to load Gnucash.  Twice while it was attempting to load this
morning, I received this error message:  "Gnucash. No response to the
Save Yourself command.  The program may be slow, stopped or broken.  You
may wait for it to respond or remove it."  After I hit "Cancel" each
time, the program eventually loaded.

There are other places where large amounts of data cause Gnucash to
appear hung.   Is this expected, or should I report these other
instances as I find them?

Carol