Incomplete records: how to deal with them?

Andrea Borgia bab0069@iperbole.bologna.it
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:59:45 +0200

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:40:23 -0700, you wrote:

>> >What if you entered it as a multi-split transaction with the original
>> >portion coming from the bond account, the interest coming from an
>> >Income account, and the balance going to your bank account or =
wherever.

Ehr, I think I got lost midway through your explanation... my problem
is that the original portion is outside the scope of my accounting, it
was bought before. Perhaps another ad-hoc equity account? (I did this
way and it looks fine)
=20

>The list box is for convenience, you can type in anything you want,
>including a ticker symbol.

Yes, but once I put a ticker there how will gnucash handle the value
of that account? I mean, if I use EUR and put the right share, the
total displays the real value of that account and that's a good thing.

>Could you give me a step sequence showing the problem in trading2.xac?

Ok, did some more tests: trading2.xac works fine and my accounting
does not because the former uses a stock account, the latter a mutual
fund account.

If you tab over the "account source/dest" box in a stock account, the
box gets filled with the stock name and all goes well.

In a mutual stock account, if you try to enter the stock name and
record the transaction, you get an additional bogus share price (1)
entry. This happens only in a mutual fund account and only if you
enter an account name. If you delete either, both disappear.

Question: it is a bug or I shouldn't have done that?

TIA,
Andrea.

--
Alias:  borgia@students.cs.unibo.it