problem switching from 1.4.1 to 1.4.6

fred smith fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:36:55 -0400

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 04:11:45PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> fred smith writes:
> > Gentlemen:
> >
> > My wife has been entering data into 1.4.1 for the last couple of months.
> > Today I upgraded to 1.4.6, but it does not recognize the data files
> > that were created by 1.4.1 as being a gnucash file.
> >
> > It strikes me as strange that a minor dot-rev would create a data file
> > incompatibility like that, but when I reverted to 1.4.1 the files again
> > are recognized.
>
> It should be compatible. Can you tell me the error message you get when
> you load the file?

Well,it's on the other system, down the hall, which happens to have
windoze booted right now so I can't go verify this, but my recollection
is that there was no error message, it just failed to list the files
when we double-clicked on the directory name. Doing the same thing with
1.4.1 it listed them all in the file window. They are all <something>.xac
and <something>.log.

I recall that we explicitly listed one of the filenames but it rejected
it. unfortunately I canot get the message for you right now. I'll try
tomorrow and get back to you.

Fred