It would kick ass if...

Al Snell alaric@alaric-snell.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:10:30 +0100 (BST)

...I could insert transactions into my gnucash accounts from the command
line.

I have scripts written that produce invoices and stuff for my company; the
script that makes a sale could mark the invoices up as a trade debtor by
making a suitable transfer in gnucash.

In the meantime, I could append to a QIF file, and from time to time
manually merge that in, but since QIFs are nasty I'd be much happier with
writing a file format that maps directly and non-brokenly into gnucash's
innards. And it'd be nice if I could run a shell command to import it.

This strikes me as very easy to implement - almost easy enough for me to
spare the time to attempt myself, if it can be figured out in a day.

Any thoughts?

ABS

--

 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RF.Cx/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/