problem switching from 1.4.1 to 1.4.6

fred smith fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:40:43 -0400

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 09:29:37AM +0200, Hans de Graaff wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us wrote:
>
> > I moved everything that seemed to belong to gnucash, what file do I
> > need to move, if I have in fact not moved the right one?
>
> As an example, my data file is called hans. This means I have a whole
> bunch of files like hans.20000625102721.log and
> hans.20000701091039.xac, but the file hans itself (without any
> extension) is the actual data file.

Um, I don't think that's the case here, but I'll review the files
again. unfortunately, the original data files all got dropped in
my (rather cluttered) home directory, so I had to try to sort out
the important ones from the remainder.

> > And why would 1.4.1 work on the same set of files 1.4.6 didn't if I
> > had in fact missed the actual data file itself?
>
> The way I read your report you did not only change the version, but
> you also copied the files over to another machine. I think the copying
> is the relevant factor here, and not the version changes.

Well yes, I did do that. But when I uninstalled 1.4.6 on that other
machine and installed 1.4.1 in its place, voila! it worked!

 .----    Fred Smith    /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us