bug: half a double entry transaction; bug: split transaction?

Neal Young ney@akamai.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:47:15 -0400 (EDT)

I've been using the 1.4 version (redhat rpm) for a few months.

After I imported transactions from a QIF file, I found a single double-entry
transaction at the end of an account that only showed up in one of the two
accounts.  That is, one half of the transaction was supposed to be in A, the
other half was supposed to be in B, but only the half in A was actually
displayed.  Then, when I deleted the half of in A that showed, it disappeared
from A, but also "half" of an unrelated transaction in B was deleted.  So now a
different transaction was only showing in one of the two accounts it was
supposed to.

A possibly separate problem: I don't use "split transactions"
(in the sense of Quicken  -- a single transaction broken down into subcategories)
in Gnucash, although I would like to I don't know how.
But after the import of the QIF file, I had one transaction in a new
account named "Split", and I couldn't change the account
of the transaction.  Gnucash displayed the hint "to view the split,
use multi-line mode" and when I tried that, I saw that the transaction
had one more line than the other transactions.  The extra line was
empty.

Neal