acting on multiple transactions

Greg Sullivan gregs@acm.org
22 Apr 2001 22:01:45 -0400

I want to import transactions from my bank (downloaded qif file) into
a separate, temporary account, get the corresponding accounts correct
(categories in qif-speak), then move all the transactions to my main
bank account.

I can do this a transaction-at-a-time a few ways:
  * jump to corresponding transaction and change its transfer field to
    my main bank acct.
  * cut transaction from temp register, paste transaction in main bank
    acct. register.

I'd like to do the same operation to a bunch of transactions at the
same time.

It seems the most general approach would be to write some Scheme code
to walk the transactions and move them, but I have no idea how to do
this (other than knowing Scheme well).

(1) is there some scheme/guile code I can look at that walks all
    transactions in an account and does something with them?

(2) let's say I had just the right Scheme/Guile code -- how do I apply
    it to an account from within gnucash?  Do I have to make a new
    menu item?  If so, it would be nice to have "load scheme file" and
    "run scheme function" general purpose menu items.

Thanks.
--
Greg Sullivan,  gregs@sulliwood.org,  (617)964-7699
160 Pine Street, unit 1, Auburndale, MA  02466