help, I've misplaced my decimal...

Alex Zepeda jazepeda@pacbell.net
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:54:24 -0700

So I went to upgrade to the latest and greatest supported GNUCash version
(whatever's in the FreeBSD ports tree, 1.4.11).

The first thing that hit me was that gnucash was somehow magically trying
to link in an old version of libc (4 versus, the only one on my system
libc.so.5).  I imagine this is some sort of artifact of using the fbsd
ports for that.  But hey, it makes managing the insane dependencies much
easier.

The real problem however was when I went to edit the account.  Well
actually register mode brought up two problems.

1.) When resizing the columns, there should be an easier way to keep the
columns lined up so they don't dazzle the user in two-line mode.  Column
wrapping does weird things visually.

2.) Everything got rounded.  If I set the account to a "Currency" or some
other account along those lines it displayed the proper values, albeit
with the wrong headings.  If I set the account to what it really is.. a
bank account, gnucash decided to go into what I'll assume was integer
banking mode.  Pretty useless.  This was the biggest stumbling block.  Any
ideas how to get my precious decimal places back?

- alex