QMate question

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:18:47 -0500

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 02:43:39PM -0400, Paul Lussier was heard to remark:

> In a message dated: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:30:16 CDT
> Linas Vepstas said:
>
> >> I've been using Qmate for years, and though I love it, it's=20
> >> completely dependant upon Windows.
> >
> >You'd do us a service if you called qmate cust support and grilled them
> >about linux support ...
>
> It's a shareware app for the Palm Pilot written/"supported" by one
> guy.  There is essentially no support, and rumor has it that he's not
> really developing the app any more :(

<lecture>
Ahh, the classic achilles heel of shareware.  guy writes program, thinks
he'll make big $$ as people mail in checks.  But checks don't come in.
Looses interest, moves on.   With open source, at least you've got the
source after the original developer lost interest.
</lecture>

--linas