US Federal Tax codes?

Stan Brown stanb@awod.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:58:02 -0400 (EDT)

I realize this is a bit off topic, but I figure some accounting gurus hang out here
:-)

I'm just seting up to use GNuCash to help organize my finces, and I'm a little
confised.

I have created a payroll account, and i was planing on entring my payroll
information as a split transaction. However I am a bit confused. My employer seesm
to list _3_ different US Federal taxes (I thought there were just 2 income tax, and
Social Security). They are classified as:

Fed Witholding (Income tax right)
Fed MED/EE (???)
Fed OASDD/EE (Soscil security ?).

Thanks for the patience with me.