Inaccurate Report

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:15:25 -0500

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 07:05:57AM -0700, Stan Student was heard to remark:
> Two problems.-- gnucash 1.6.1
> Most serious.--- The Balance sheet report provides incorrect values for
> some accounts.  These values do not agree with either the main account
> values or that provided by the Portfolio account.

are you sure? the balance sheet totals up the values in sub-accounts.
also, if you are using the postgres sql db in 'multi-user' mode, then,
yes, there are some bugs relating to the retreival of the balance info
from the db.  But using gnucash with plain-file backend (and the
'single-user' sql mode) doesn't have this problem.

--linas

--
I'm very PUBLIC-MINDED, I'm helping a NIGERIAN get his $25,000,000 back!