Unrealized/Realized Gains and Losses

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:04:49 -0500

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:57:51PM +0200, Moln?r S?ndor G?bor wrote:
> 	I think it would be great if unrealized income, expense,
> assets etc.. type of account exists. When the income realized the
> transaction have to move into the realized account(s).

These aren't appropriate for account types (IMO), but there should be
better reports demonstrating unrealized gains and losses for just
these purposes.  It should be part of the portfolio report, for
example.

I don't really use any of the stock-related features of gnucash so I
don't know what's in the current set of reports.  Are there none that
show unrealized gains and losses?

Thanks
b.g.