updating unit trust prices automatically

Glenn Walbran gwalbran@yahoo.co.nz
03 Aug 2001 09:24:56 +1200

Hello

More on updating unit trust prices, what i've tried so far.
After Linas' advise I shifted focus to hacking the Finance::Quote
modules. The T.Rowe.Price module looked like a good start so I did the
following:
1) Saved the T.Rowe.Price csv file on a local web server and add my unit
trust prices to it.
2) Hacked the T.Rowe Price module to get csv file from my local web
server and changed the currency to NZD.

Sadly this didn't work. I think the module hacks are ok, it works with a
simply perl script I wrote to test it. Gnucash returns a nice message
saying "unable to retrieve quotes" I set up another stock account using
another stock source and that had the same error when updating making me
think that the problem was in gnucash not getting to the Finance::Quote
module. Any ideas how I can test this???

Regards

Glenn