Scared stiff

Damian Ivereigh damian@cisco.com
03 Aug 2001 18:02:36 +1000

Hi Fleet,

I can verify that gnucash 1.6 works on RedHat 7.1

Yes there are a bunch of dependancies that are a major pain. I ended up
recompiling the source RPMS, mainly because I am also tracking the
evolution snapshots which mean frequent changes to some of the core
libraries (like gtkhtml).

So my recommendation is that you not only install RedHat 7.1, but you
also install the Ximian Gnome desktop and then go from there.

Since I have been through it all, I am pretty sure I will be able to
help over any other hurdles - and maybe even compile the odd RPM for you
if required!

Damian