Splits

shawn@young.net shawn@young.net
4 Aug 2001 09:58:51 -0700

Hello,
	I am sure this is in a FAQ somewhere, but I can not find the FAQ.  Neither is it obvious where it is in the help documents.  The help documents seem to indicate that gnucash can do something like splits in quicken.  I have looked at the double entry section and can find no hint as to how to do it.  Can I do it in a single line which accounts for the gross income, the taxes and other withdrawls putting appropriate portions into their accounts, and then displays the actual net pay  as the actual entered amount?  Or must I do this in several enteries showing the gross as the input amount and then using several lines to withdraw the money to the apporpriate accounts.

Thanks for any help, even if it is just a link to the faq and where this question is answered.

Shawn Young