Why no memo field?

Matthew Vanecek linux4us@earthlink.net
14 Aug 2001 23:08:21 -0500

On 11 Aug 2001 07:36:46 -0500, Bill Gribble wrote:
> On 10 Aug 2001 22:24:43 -0500, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> > I believe that's the way it currently works.  What would be handy is an
> > "Edit Splits" button and dialog, so you could leave it in double-line
> > mode (and have your memo field), yet still have easy access to split
> > transactions.
>
> Isn't that what the "Splits" button in the register currently does?  It
> doesn't use a dialog (it opens the splits of the current transaction in
> place) but otherwise seems to be what you're asking for.

That must be some new-fangled code in 1.6.x.  I don't have that button
in 1.4.x.  As long as it only shows the split for the current
transaction, yes, that would work, kindof.  But then, wouldn't you still
have to go the each account in the split, open that account, put it in
double-line (with memo) mode, and enter the memo information there?
Ideally, you should be able to enter all split information (memo and
all) for a given transaction all at once.

Forgive me for being a little behind, but given all the bug reports
posted about 1.6.x, I'm gonna wait for a while before I upgrade.
--
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print