how to show stock trades?

Nikunj Bansal nikunj@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:16:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi fellow Gnucashers,

I am using Gnucash 1.6. I am confused about the
following:

Suppose I buy a stock and sell it later for a profit
of say $100. How could I set up the various accounts
so that my balance sheet does not go out of whack.
Right now, the way my accts are set up my Assets !=
(Liabalities + Equity). I figured that it is because I
am not showing the Profit/Loss made on the pair of
stock trades. Basically, my available cash went up
without an Income account to feed it from.

Please help and I would be happy to provide more info.

Thanks in advance
Nikunj.