downgrading data files

Haines Brown brownh@hartford-hwp.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:56:33 -0400

I made the mistake of installing GNOME 1.4 onto RH 7.0 and then
upgrading to RH 7.1. The result was a gummed up system, but before I
had to give up on it and reinstall RH 7.1, I also upgraded to gnucash
1.6.

My reinstall of RH 7.1 without GNOME 1.4 meant I had to retreat to
gnucash 1.4. While the installation went smoothly, I discovered that
my data files could no longer be read by gnucash 1.4, but only by
gnucash 1.6.

To install the gnucash 1.6, I went to the gnucash web site,
redhat-7-glib-1.4 directory, and downloaded Guppi, Guppi-devel,
g-wrap, and g-wrap-devel. Unfortunately, these have dependencies that
are not readily resolved without installing GNOME 1.4 again, about
which I'm gun shy.

So is there a utility that will safely convert datafiles back to a
lower level, from that of gnucash 1.6 to gnucash 1.4?

--
    Haines Brown
      brownh@connix.com